For those that missed the announcement, here is what they announced at BotCon:
– Hasbro and Jagex have joined forces to develop and publish a TRANSFORMERS MMO.
– The title of the MMO will be TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE.
– TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE will be an action orientated MMO.
– In TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE players will be able to create and play as their own AUTOBOT or DECEPTICON, designing and customizing the character to fit their game play style, combat preferences and appearance.
– After looking at the mechanics, the iconic TRANSFORMERS IP, and the TRANSFORMERS heritage Jagex distilled this into core themes which are present throughout the TRANSFORMERS universe: conflict, teamwork, and social regard (the AUTOBOTS caring for the humans)
– TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE sits within the “Prime” timeline, along with the book Exodus, the War for Cybertron games and the Prime cartoon.
– The game will be released in 2012.
Teaser Trailer and Concept Art:
Source: Energon Pub