Significant accomplishments from the 2011 IGC finalists:
- IGC non—professional category winner, team : Two members from Team Hermes are working with Red Fly Studio to publish their game
- Finalist Subsonic just had their game SONAR published on Google Chrome
- IGC finalist Toxic Games plans to release their debut title, Q.U.B.E. in late 2011 to early 2012
- IGC Finalist Vanessa Saint-Pierre Delacroix & Her Nightmare from Pilcrow Games is now available on PC from Big Fish Games
- IGC professional category winner Playdead’s LIMBO was released on PS3 and Steam
Submissions for this year’s competition must be postmarked by Oct. 3, 2011. Judging will be conducted by the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences. Ten finalist teams will be announced in mid-January 2012 and two members of each finalist team will be flown to an awards reception Feb. 10, 2012, at the Red Rock Casino Resort Spa in Las Vegas during AIAS’s D.I.C.E. (Design, Innovate, Communicate, Entertain) Summit.
Members of each team will be rewarded with the opportunity to pitch their games face-to-face with publishers like Sony, Nintendo, Electronic Arts, Capcom, Microsoft, NAMCO/Bandai, THQ and Ubisoft following the AIAS’s D.I.C.E. (Design, Innovate, Communicate, Entertain) Summit in February 2011.
Additional cash awards include: three $2,500 Skill Award winners in the categories of art, technical and gameplay, the Kongregate Award and a $2,500 “Gamer’s Choice” prize. Also, a $50,000 scholarship to attend The Guildhall at SMU, one of the premier graduate level video game development education programs in the U.S., will be awarded to an eligible participant of the 2011 competition.
For more information on the competition and to learn more about each of the winners, visit: www.IndieGameChallenge.com
- statistics projects for high school Two Point Hospital Launches on Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One - 02/25/2020
- Dragon Quest of the Stars Now Available on Mobile Devices - 02/25/2020
- XSEED Games Launches Rune Factory 4 Special, Definitive Remaster of the Critically Acclaimed RPG Simulation Title! - 02/25/2020