Out at the northern edge of Thole lies the mysterious Arcanum Laboratory, a long-abandoned place where Tholean mages were said to be involved in ruthless and immoral magical experiments that granted the power to bring inanimate metal to life. Perhaps they succeeded, perhaps not – whatever the truth of the rumors, the full story of these heinous experiments has never been chronicled…until now.
Kalypso Media is proud to announce that the first thrilling DLC for its acclaimed action RPG Shadows: Awakening is out now for the PC version, with console versions to follow in November 2018.
In The Chromaton Chronicles, the Devourer and his puppets will brave the Arcanum Laboratory; a stern challenge for even the most battle-hardened souls as you quest to gather intel about the remnants of the controversial experiments carried out in the latter days of Thole. Unleash the tortured spirits of the Tholean mages and follow their trail through the shadows to finally unveil their sinister intentions. Along the way, you’ll also assemble the missing pieces of the Chromaton Heart and breathe life into the Chromaton Golem: a powerful, all-new puppet with devastating skills. Whether you’re starting a fresh adventure or returning to Thole at a later point in the story, players at all stages of the game will be able to start the DLC and obtain their powerful new warrior.
Alongside The Chromaton Chronicles, Kalypso is also pleased to confirm that the Legendary Armory Pack is also now available to purchase for the PC version of Shadows: Awakening, which contains three powerful armor/weapon sets as well as a digital artbook and soundtrack.
In addition, the PC and console version is also receiving a special Halloween update, which will include a range of bug fixes and improvements, along with some very special new items and a limited-time Halloween event, which places seasonal decorations throughout the game and also offers an intriguing new item for your armory…
About Shadows: Awakening
Shadows: Awakening is the new adventure in the Heretic Kingdoms saga. After the members of the secret council known as the Penta Nera are assassinated, their souls are consumed by the Devourers – evil demons which possess the ability to absorb the memories and personalities of the souls they acquire and materialize them as their puppets. Re-emerging into the mortal realm once again, the demonic Penta Nera continue their quest for power and immortality, but at what cost?
Shadows: Awakening is a unique, isometric single-player RPG with real-time tactical combat. You take control of a demon summoned from the Shadow Realm – the Devourer – to consume the souls of long-dead heroes and embark on an epic adventure with challenging gameplay, a gripping storyline and enchanting graphics. Do you have the focus and wits to master the world of the Heretic Kingdoms? Gather your party, control powerful heroes and use their skills to your advantage. But who is in charge… the demon, or the souls that it has devoured? It’s up to you to either thwart a major threat and save the world, or to plunge it into complete disaster…
- A Tale of Two Worlds – In a parallel universe inhabited by demons and monsters; seamlessly switch between the Shadow Realm and the mortal plane and witness a gripping story line in a world full of myths, destinies and legendary creatures.
- Unique Party System – multiple characters in one demon, each retaining their own personalities with internal dialogues, rivalries and communication between the characters.
- Wide variety of Skills and Characters – Choose from 3 heroes, each with their own personal storylines, quests and dialogues. Consume the souls of 14 playable characters, each with their own unique skillsets, like Kalig the Bandit King and Evia, Daughter of Fire.
- Tactical Real-Time Combat – Combine the skills of your various characters to maximize the effects of your devastating skills and spells.
- Extensive Gameplay – 20+ hours for a single playthrough, but with substantial options for replayability which accumulate to 60+ hours for the full experience.
- Challenging Puzzles – Complex puzzles are scattered throughout the game, and will take you through a vibrant set of locations, from rustic towns to the deepest and darkest of dungeons.
- Crafting and Looting System – Expanded crafting and looting system will let you use rewards to configure the ultimate adventurer.
- Fully Voiced – All dialogues are fully narrated, including actors like Tom Baker
Part time employee of a major video game retailer.