Paradox Development Studios has issued an update to Imperator: Rome, its grand strategy game about the classical world after the death of Alexander. This update is available now.
Among other things, the new “Menander” update adds greater depth to cultural management in the game, cognizant of the fact that empires would often make concessions to conquered peoples in order to more easily accommodate them to new rulers. Build an empire of many cultures, creating unity out of difference.
Features of the free 1.5 “Menander” update include:
- Cultural Integration: Extend political rights, including citizenship, to large subject minorities, increasing their loyalty and productivity.
- Reworked Rebellions: Rebels are now more likely to grow in strength among same culture provinces, as rebels take land, demonstrating the viability of their cause.
- Noble Population: The upper classes in your provinces have specific needs and are more likely to to lead rebellions.
- Reworked Politics: Republics have fewer political parties to track, and their voting preferences are more easily understood.
The release of the update is accompanied by the Epirus content pack, previously only available as a pre-order bonus to Imperator: Rome, but now expanded with additional material.
This pack, focused on the career of the celebrated warrior king, Pyrrhus, includes:
- Unique Army Model for Epirus
- Unique Ship Model for Epirus
- Special Epirote Monument: the Oracle complex of Dodona
- 6 Event Chains related to the life of Pyrrhus of Epirus each with new art
- 3 Additional Epirus Event chains, new to Imperator: Rome (freely available to all who pre-ordered Imperator: Rome)
- One new music track
The Epirus content pack is available now from Steam and the Paradox store for a suggested retail price of $3.99/£2.89/€3.99