The jungle peninsula of Chult may hide the source of the Death Curse threatening the Forgotten Realms, so adventurers travel to the new social hub of Port Nyanzaru to begin their expedition. In an all-new campaign, players must discover the source of the curse, while protecting themselves and fending off Yuan-ti, undead and dinosaurs. Along the way, adventurers will team up with old friends Minsc, Boo, Celeste, the famed explorer Volothamp Geddarm, and an unexpected ally. A complete list of new features in Tomb of Annihilation includes:
- Chult Jungle Adventure Zone: Explore the Soshenstar River Basin, locating clues and tracking the source of the mysterious Death Curse. Close encounters with prowling dinosaurs and deadly Yuan-ti await adventurers.
- Port Nyanzaru Social Hub: The port will not only grant adventurers safety from the beasts of Chult, but also act as a home away from home. Vendors, quest-givers, and more await in this new destination.
- Tomb of the Nine Gods Dungeon: An end-game experience is now available for seasoned adventurers with a knack for feats of daring. This dungeon features powerful bosses, ancient puzzles, and a challenge unlike any before in Neverwinter.
- Monster Hunts with Volo: The famed explorer and all-around monster authority ventures to Chult as well, offering players the opportunity to track and catalogue local beasts. D&D game designer and all-around maestro, Chris Perkins voices the famous Volothamp Geddarm in Neverwinter.
- Tomb of Annihilation Campaign: Following the conclusion of the Death Curse storyline, players will open up an end-game campaign exploring the Soshenstar River, leading into the heart of Chult.
- Other features: An additional bag slot, private PvP queues, dinosaur mounts, heroic encounters and repeatable adventures are now available.
Neverwinter is a free-to-play action MMORPG that features fast-paced combat and epic dungeons. Players explore the vast city of Neverwinter and its nearby lands, learning the vivid history of the Forgotten Realms while battling its many enemies. Neverwinter is available on PC and is free to play digitally on Xbox One (with Xbox Live Gold) and PlayStation 4 (PlayStation Plus not required).