Joining the fun is as easy as it gets: Pledges $60 and above get you access to an early build of the game. Make sure you head on over to the Kickstarter page and examine the full scope of exciting rewards and stretch goals—they’re bound to make you smile like a proper chemmed up Wellie!
About We Happy Few
We Happy Few is the tale of a plucky bunch of slightly terrible people trying to escape from a lifetime of cheerful delusion. Set in a drug-fuelled, retro-futuristic city in an alternative history 1964 England, you’ll have to blend in with its other citizens, who don’t take kindly to people who don’t abide by their not-so-normal rules.
Progressing through the game unlocks new playable Downers. The protagonists’ stories all weave into one another, and as you piece together the narrative, you’ll come to understand how these characters are dealing with the ghosts of their past.
- A procedurally generated world: Each time you die or beat the game, your next adventure through Wellington Wells will be different. Forget about relying on the city’s layout to escape!
- A sophisticated suspicion system: The inhabitants of Wellington Wells expect you to behave in very specific ways—if they suspect you’re not taking your Joy, they’ll quickly identify you as a Downer.
- Frenzied combat: Downers aren’t very popular in Wellington Wells. In fact, Wellies tend to get a bit violent whenever one walks by.
- Twisted survival mechanics: In this urban setting, avoiding the Wellies’ fury often means hiding in plain sight.
- An elaborate crafting system: Salvage supplies and Joy-tainted food to stay alive, but be careful not to overdose!