In 7th Dragon III Code: VFD, the world is engulfed in a time of darkness and great peril. In the year 2100, dragons have descended upon Earth and humanity is at the mercy of these terrifying beasts. However, not all is lost. As the protagonist, the player will team up with Nodens Enterprises — a video game company dedicated to stopping the dragon menace — to become a dragon hunter and eventual savior of the universe. Although times are bleak, Nodens Enterprises has found a way to tip the scales in favor of mankind: By traveling through time to three different eras, the protagonist can upset the balance of the dragons’ power. This will give them the edge to defeat the True Dragons, and stand a chance against the most powerful one of them all… the 7th Dragon: VFD.
In a quest for the ages, players will explore numerous dungeons in the mythical kingdom of Atlantis, futuristic capital of the land of Eden, and present-day Tokyo. Fighting enemies and dragons can’t be done by just one person, so thankfully the protagonist won’t be doing it alone. The main character can be joined by two squad members in the field, and have up to nine characters in their party. With eight distinct classes, 40 voice options, and 96 appearance variations, gamers can create and customize the perfect dragon hunting team to their heart’s content. Each dragon takes immense skill and cunning strategy to defeat, so choosing the right squad — and right look — is paramount.
Besides traveling through time and desperately trying to save the Earth , the team can unwind at Nodens Enterprises HQ where they can develop character skills, participate in numerous side quests, and even go on dates. Moreover, new floors can be added to the building with essential support areas such as a library, skylounge, cat café, and evacuation wards. Wait, cat café? That’s right — stray cats can be rescued during dungeon crawls and brought back HQ to lounge at the cat café. And yes, while people can be rescued as well, cats are clearly the priority.
7th Dragon III Code: VFD will be available this summer exclusively on the Nintendo 3DS systems in the Americas. For more information, please visit 7thdragon.sega.com
About 7th Dragon III Code: VFD
- A bleak world and engaging story – The year is 2100, dragons have invaded Earth and are ravaging the human race. As the protagonist, players must team up with “video game company” Nodens Enterprises to become a dragon hunter and save the universe.
- Unique settings and time periods – Fortunately for humanity, Nodens Enterprises has found the key to tip the scales in favor of mankind. The protagonist must travel through time to three different eras — the mythical kingdom of Atlantis, futuristic capital of the land of Eden, and present-day Tokyo — in order to defeat the True Dragons and stand a chance against the most powerful one… the 7th Dragon: VFD.
- A deep party system and character customization options – All characters are completely customizable from the get-go. Players will be joined by two squad members in the field, and have up to nine characters in their party. With eight classes (such as Samurai, God Hand, Rune Knight, and more), 40 voice options, and 96 appearance options, gamers will have plenty of options to develop the perfect dragon hunting team.
- Base building with Nodens Enterprises HQ – Fighting dragons is tough work, but at least the team can recuperate at HQ where they can develop skills, collect side quests, and even go on dates. In addition, more floors such as a library, skylounge, and cat café can be added in order to improve HQ. Yes, you read that correctly, it says cat café.
- Lots of dragons! – Although there are a variety of enemies to fight, it would be wise to be prepared for the myriad dragons you’ll face. It’ll take careful planning and strategy to defeat these dragons, so choosing the right squad — and right look — is paramount!
Part time employee of a major video game retailer.
Latest posts by Tiffany "CeissaDesiste" Toms (see all)
- Put Your Detective Cap On! LAYTON’S MYSTERY JOURNEY: Katrielle and the Millionaires’ Conspiracy – Deluxe Edition is Now Available - 11/08/2019
- Action-Adventure Sparklite To Get Steam Demo Next Week, Console Pre-orders Now Live - 11/08/2019
- Stay Cool, Kobayashi-San!: A River City Ransom Story Available Today - 11/08/2019