Sony Computer Entertainment CEO Andrew House, announced that to date, the PS4 has attracted more than 1 million pre-orders globally.
House also used the event to unveil a new next-gen upgrade program, saying gamers who purchase the PS3 versions of select games will be able to buy digital versions of their next-gen counterparts at “a significantly discounted price.”
Games already confirmed for the program include Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts, and Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag. House said Sony is also working to expand the number of publishers participating in the discount deals.
Sony confirmed that starting tomorrow, the suggested retail price for the Vita will drop in €199 in Europe or $199 in North America.
The hardware isn’t the only thing getting cheaper. Sony has also heard complaints about the price of memory cards for the system, promising to make “significant reductions in the price” of those accessories in both regions. Currently, the 32GB cards retail for $100 in North America, and €90 in Europe.
The company confirmed that games like Borderlands 2, Fez, and Starbound would be receiving Vita ports, and showed off new titles including the concert promoter simulation game Big Fest and Ovosonico’s debut title, Murasaki Baby.
- Gran Turismo 6 to launch globally for PS3 on December 6th.
- Little Big Planet Hub Launching on PS3 later this year. It will be a free-to-play area where fans can share their favorite costumes, play mini-games, create levels to share with the world, and just have fun with your fellow sack friends!
- Grand Theft Auto V is now available to pre-order through PSN! Not only will you receive the pre-order DLC, but you will also get 75% off other Rockstar titles available on the Playstation Network.
- Guns of Icarus Online Coming to PS4
- 14 day free trial of Playstation Plus to all new PS4 owners with full access to the Instant Games Collection. PS4 Owners will receive Drive Club Playstation Plus Edition and Resogun on day one.
- From 8/20 – 9/20 2013, purchase a 1 year subscription to Playstation Plus and receive and extra 90 days.
- Assassin’s Creed 3 revealed as an addition to the Instant Game Collection in September. (No clarification if its just EU PS+ members only)
- Sony announced that you will be able to play almost all PS4 games using your PS Vita through remote play via wi-fi.
- Ubisoft and Sony Pictures are partnering to make a Watch Dogs feature film.
- Minecraft announced as a PS4 launch title!
During the closing of the press conference, Sony once again took a jab at competitor Microsoft with the following statement:
“While others have shifted their message and changed their story … ” House said, then paused after a few cheers from the crowd, smiled and continued. “… we were consistent in maintaining policies and a model that is fair and in tune with consumer desires.”
Want to check out the press conference for yourself? Well just hit “PLAY” below!