Gun Media is pleased to announce that the award-winning asymmetrical survival horror title Friday the 13th: The Game Ultimate Slasher Edition releases today on Nintendo Switch for $39.99. This edition of the Friday the 13th: The Game comes with all Friday the 13th: The Game play modes, online play utilizing Nintendo Switch Online, all previously released content and paid DLC*, including three Jason Kill Packs, both Counselor Clothing Packs, and the Emote Party Pack.
“It’s been thirty years since Friday the 13th released on the Nintendo Entertainment System. We felt it was the right time to bring Camp Crystal Lake back to Nintendo hardware. Playing Friday the 13th: The Game on the Nintendo Switch against your friends, and having those friends be on their own devices in the same room is an experience unlike that found on any other platform, and we think fans are going to love it. With all of the content ever released, Counselors and Jason players alike will have their hands full when Friday the 13th: The Game releases on Nintendo Switch on August the 13th, 2019!” – Ismael Vicens, Gun Media Executive Producer
Friday the 13th: The Game – Ultimate Slasher Edition for the Nintendo Switch includes:
– All DLC and Retail Exclusive Content – In addition to all previously released DLC – including 10 single player challenges, new maps, characters, counselor outfits, Jason skins, additional kills for Jason and the complete Virtual Cabin experience – the physical edition also offers exclusive Bloody Jason Skins and clothing packs.
– Eight-Person Multiplayer and Single Player Modes – On maps spanning multiple iconic locations from the movie franchise, players will match up online as either Jason Voorhees or a Camp Counselor trying to survive the night. Players seeking lower pressure slasher fun can take the fight offline in matches with AI bots.
– Killer Variety – Players can don the mask of their favorite incarnations of Jason Voorhees as depicted in films two through nine. Each Jason is hand-crafted with specific strengths, weaknesses, and exclusive brutal kills. The retail edition offers even more brutal execution options, with the Pick Axe, Pig Splitter and Machete Kill Packs.
– Character Customization – As players level up, they will unlock new playable Counselor and Jason models that can be purchased with Customization Points (CPs). CPs also unlock new kills for Jason, game-changing perks that help Camp Counselors survive the night, emotes for self-expression, and various regalia appropriate for a funeral … or seven. The retail edition includes the Spring Break ’84 Clothing and Halloween Costume Packs for players to try on before the murder party.
– Franchise Authenticity – The game draws expertise from horror icons including Sean S. Cunningham (director/creator of Friday the 13th), Tom Savini (FX legend and effects director of Friday the 13th), composer Harry Manfredini (various compositions from the franchise) and Kane Hodder (Jason Voorhees actor; Part 7, 8 and 9).
Part time employee of a major video game retailer.