The teaser shows early prototype gameplay footage of World of Diving:
With the Steam Greenlight and Indiegogo campaigns well on their way, the gameplay trailer is Vertigo Games’ first real move to collect feedback and responses of the growing community to help direct the overall development of the multiplayer dive game.
“We’ve never before released gameplay footage this early into the development of a game. Apart from supporting the Indiegogo campaign, its goal is mainly to build, connect with, and communicate with the community from the very outset,” says Tristan Lambert, Technical Director at Vertigo Games. “Instead of community building, we are gathering a building community around World of Diving.”
The gameplay teaser highlights some of the activities that World of Diving players will be able to partake in together, besides enjoying the virtual fish, flora and fathoms of ocean. It shows the discovery of the forgotten wreckage of the “HMS Montebello,” ancient artifacts to be collected, and sharks startled at underwater flares.
Additionally, an underwater communication system is introduced that, true to the real world diving experience, is based on professional diver gestures. This is to support underwater multiplayer interaction with other players on the diving team.
Make sure to visit World of Diving’s crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/world-of-diving.
About World of Diving
World of Diving is the first online multiplayer dive game for hardcore simulation fans and casual diving enthusiasts alike that comes with full Oculus Rift support. Starting out in the Caribbean, World of Diving recreates and brings to life the world of wonder and discovery that is at the bottom of the ocean, where you will be hang out with friends – whether you have met them in or outside of the game – and can dive with the sea turtles, hunt for the great white shark, and party on your own luxury yachts.
World of Diving is an ambitious undertaking with world-scale potential; all made possible through a combination of procedurally generated environments based on actual biological and geographical data, and manually designed real-world diving spots.
Key features include:
• Visit astonishing real-world diving spots, manually brought to life by our design team.
• Explore the Earth’s oceans without limitation thanks to procedurally generated environments.
• Customize your character from body type, face and hairstyle, to clothing and accessories.
• Team up and explore with friends or one of your NPC companions.
• Over 100 collectable species, many of which adding unique benefits to your diving skill.
• Compete with friend and foe over ancient treasure and in exciting diving challenges.
• Discover rusty shipwrecks, World War II submarines and eerie underwater caverns.
• Take part in the community and help direct the development of the game.
• Play using the Oculus Rift for the full immersive experience, or use a traditional monitor.