VIZ Media THE LEGEND OF ZELDA titles include the new THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: A LINK TO THE PAST graphic novel from manga legend Shotaro Ishinomori (Cyborg 009 and Kamen Rider), as well as THE LEGEND OF ZELDA manga series created by Akira Himekawa, featuring adventures from MAJORA’S MASK, OCARINA OF TIME, and more.
In addition, VIZ Media will also make the manga and graphic novel titles available this July at Comic-Con International in San Diego, in conjunction with the Symphony of the Goddesses performance on July 11 at Copley Symphony Hall. VIZ Media will sponsor a special ticket giveaway to the performance, with details to be announced soon.
Featuring brand new music and visuals, including pieces from the recently remastered The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D and the addition of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Symphony of the Goddesses has been touring its “Master Quest” across North America, Japan, and Europe, with new concerts and locations recently added to the tour. Upcoming performances include:
- Miami, Florida, James L Knight Center; May 5
- Edmonton, Alberta, Northern Jubilee; May 20
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Queen Elizabeth Theatre; May 22
- Calgary, Alberta, Southern Jubilee; May 23
- Montreal, Quebec, Place des Arts; May 30
- Las Vegas, Nevada, The Venetian; June 10
- Los Angeles, California, Walt Disney Concert Hall; June 14
- Austin, Texas, The Long Center PAC; June 20 (two shows)
- San Diego, California, Copley Symphony Hall; July 11
- Orlando, Florida, Dr. Phillips Center; June 18
- San Francisco, California, Davies Symphony Hall; Aug. 29
- Durham, North Carolina, Durham Performing Arts Center; Sep. 10
- St. Louis, Missouri, Powell Hall; Sep. 11, 12, 13
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Mann Center; Sep. 18
- Providence, Rhode Island, Providence Performing Arts Center; Sep. 25
- Chicago, Illinois, Auditorium Theatre; Oct. 1
- Indianapolis, Indiana, Old National Center; Oct. 2
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Milwaukee Theatre; Oct. 3
- New York City, Barclays Center; Oct. 13
Fans can view a complete tour schedule with ticketing information, and also sign up for a regularly updated digital newsletter, at http://zelda-symphony.com.
The name Symphony of the Goddesses refers not only to the concert program but also to the four-movement symphony, recounting the classic storylines from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. Guests will enjoy their favorite moments from the series, carefully and beautifully timed with a gorgeous orchestral score. The concert is a festive experience for all walks of fans, many of which attend “cosplaying” as their favorite characters.
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: A LINK TO THE PAST is published by VIZ Media’s Perfect Square imprint and is based on the beloved, internationally bestselling video game originally released for Nintendo’s Super Nintendo Entertainment System. The comic book version by Shotaro Ishinomori (Cyborg 009, Kamen Rider) was first serialized in Nintendo Power magazine and later collected into a graphic novel. Long out-of-print, this stunning, full-color edition is available once again for the first time in more than two decades!
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA Manga Box Set (rated ‘A’ for All Ages) contains all 10 volumes of the manga series and a collectible poster! In the mystical land of Hyrule, three spiritual stones hold the key to the Triforce, and whoever holds them will control the world. A boy named Link sets out on a quest to deliver the Emerald, the spiritual stone of the forest, to Zelda, Princess of the land of Hyrule. The journey will be long and perilous, and Link will need all his skill and courage to defeat evil. The battle for Hyrule and the Sacred Realm has begun!
For more information on other graphic novel and manga titles from VIZ Media, please visit www.VIZ.com.
Tiffany "CeissaDesiste" Toms
Long time female gamer who has been playing all genres since the Atari 2600 and Commodore 64 days. Freelance Graphic Artist, Web Designer, Beta Tester, and studied one year of Game Design. I play games on PC, PS4, PS3, Wii, Wii U, Nintendo Switch, 3DS, Xbox 360, PSVita, and Android. Freelance Writer, Reviewer, and News Editor/Asst. Director for Anjel Syndicate since the site launched! Part time employee of a major video game retailer.