“With Star Traders: Frontiers, we’re trying to translate the epic feel of the ‘space operas’ we all know and love to a solid, thrilling role-playing game,” says Andrew Trese, co-founder of Trese Brothers Games. “Filling a game with lore and player agency is easier said than done, but I think what we have so far is quite special.”
“We’re counting on the Trese Brothers community to help us take Star Traders: Frontiers to the next level,” adds Cory Trese, co-founder of Trese Brother Games. “That’s the beauty of Steam Early Access: Not only can players enjoy the game way ahead of schedule, but they can also work closely with us to make it even better. We’ve seen what was possible with Templar Battleforce. We know in our hearts that this is the way to go, and we can’t wait to hear what our fans think of the game!”
Star Traders: Frontiers is now available on Steam Early Access (Windows, Mac, Linux) for only $11.99 – a 20% discount. On November 21, the game will return to its original price of $14.99.
About Star Traders: Frontiers
First there was the Exodus – when survivors of a great war piled into their hive ships and left the Galactic Core behind in search of a new home in the stars. Scattered worlds were claimed on the fringe of the galaxy. Each pocket of survivors held on to an isolated set of worlds while trying to rebuild under the great law of Shalun. Three centuries later, technology has brought them back together again. The discovery of the hyperwarp has bridged what was once an unimaginable distance between far-flung colonies, long-lost families, and political factions.
With that reunification has come great economic prosperity: The hyperwarp reestablished the transportation of cargo, goods, and technologies between the quadrants. But it has also brought great strife: Political rivalries have been rekindled, blood has been shed in age-old feuds, and the fires of war have been stoked. Amidst the political infighting, a ruthless revolution is rising – and the fervent explorers of the hyperwarp have awoken something that was better left asleep.
Customize your ship? ?with? ?more? ?than? ?300? ?upgrades.? ?Journey? ?across? ?a nearly ?endless? galaxy with an in-depth simulation of political, economic, and personal vendettas. Every single crew and officer is a full character with personality traits, history, job, and talents: Watch them grow, manage/promote them, celebrate their victories … and perhaps even mourn their deaths.
Will? ?you? ?fly? ?as? ?a? ?pirate? ?terrorizing? ?the? ?shipping? ?lanes,? ?join? ?the? ?solar? ?wars? ?as? ?a military? ?captain,? ?or? ?track? ?targets? ?as? ?a? ?fearsome? ?bounty? ?hunter?
* Explore? ?a? ?rich,? ?open? ?universe:? Discover? ?endless? ?procedurally-generated? ?galactic? ?maps, meet? ?unique? ?characters,? ?and? face off against ?enemies? ?to? ?conquer? ?the? ?galaxy!
* Become? ?an? ?intergalactic? ?captain:? ??Take? ?on? ?the? ?role? ?of? ?a? ?spy,? ?smuggler,? ?explorer,? ?pirate, merchant,? ?bounty? ?hunter,? ?and? ?more? ?(21? ?jobs? ?total)!
* Customize? ?your? ?own? ?spaceship:? ?Choose? ?from? ?more? ?than? ?300? ?upgrades? ?and? ?build? ?your very? ?own? ?vessel? ?to? ?venture? ?across? ?the? ?vast? ?reaches? ?of? ?space.
* Assemble? ?and? ?tailor? ?a? ?loyal? ?crew:? ?Assign? ?talents? ?and? ?equip? ?specialized? ?gear? ?for? ?every ?crew? ?member.
* Experience? ?an? ?ever-changing? ?narrative:? ?Decide? ?to? ?make? ?friends? ?or? ?foes? ?with? ?other factions? ?and? ?influence? ?political,? ?economic,? ?and? ?personal? ?matters.
Star Traders: Frontiers
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/startraders/
Trese Brothers Games
Discord – https://discord.gg/xTQPfZv
Twitter – https://twitter.com/TreseBrothers
Twitch – https://www.twitch.tv/tresebrothers
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/TreseBrothersGames/
Patreon – https://www.patreon.com/TreseBrothers
Tumblr – http://tresebrothers.tumblr.com/
Tiffany "CeissaDesiste" Toms
Long time female gamer who has been playing all genres since the Atari 2600 and Commodore 64 days. Freelance Graphic Artist, Web Designer, Beta Tester, and studied one year of Game Design. I play games on PC, PS4, PS3, Wii, Wii U, Nintendo Switch, 3DS, Xbox 360, PSVita, and Android. Freelance Writer, Reviewer, and News Editor/Asst. Director for Anjel Syndicate since the site launched! Part time employee of a major video game retailer.