Today, Ubisoft announced that Steep Road to the Olympics, an expansion to Steep, the open world action-sports game that launched in December 2016, is now available on PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system (includes enhanced features on PS4 Pro), the Xbox One family of devices (includes enhanced features on Xbox One X) and Windows PC.
The Steep Road to the Olympics expansion will feature fresh Alpine and Freestyle events, including Giant Slalom, Slalom, Super-G, Downhill, Parallel Giant Slalom, Halfpipe, Snowboard Cross, Slopestyle, Big Air, Ski Halfpipe, Ski Cross and Ski Slopestyle.
The Steep Road to the Olympics expansion features a new mode where players embark with pro athletes on the “Become a Legend” journey. Newcomers and players who want to build up their freestyle tricks and discover the new Slopestyle discipline will follow the journey of an athlete on their way to the Olympic Winter Games. Players will also be able to explore the mountains of Japan, carving through unique powder and exceptional environments.
Before each challenge in the ‘Become a Legend’ mode, players will be treated to training tips and insights from Olympians on the variety of Steep Road to the Olympics events, track designs and the competition itself. Video interviews from 10 legends and rising stars are integrated in the game:
- Lindsey Vonn, American Alpine Skiier who has won numerous competitions including a gold medal in the Downhill event at the Olympic Winter Games Vancouver 2010.
- Kevin Rolland, French freestyle skier and progressive risk taker who won an Olympic bronze medal in the Halfpipe at the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014.
- Sage Kotsenburg, American snowboarder who won the first-ever Olympic gold medal in Snowboard Slopestyle at the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014.
- Ayumu Hirano, Japanese competitive snowboarder who won an Olympic silver medal in the Halfpipe at the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014.
- Alexis Pinturault, French alpine ski racer and Olympic medalist in 2014 for Giant Slalom.
- Tessa Worley, French competitor of all five alpine disciplines and specialist of Giant Slalom.
- Scotty James, Australian snowboarder, two-time world Halfpipe champion and 2017 superpipe champion.
- Gus Kenworthy, American freestyle skier who won the silver medal in Ski Slopestyle at the Olympic Winter Games Sochi 2014.
- Julia Marino, young American snowboarder and 2017 Slopestyle snowboarding champion.
- Bode Miller, Olympic gold medalist and the most decorated male American alpine ski racer of all time.
The expansion can be purchased for $39.99. Steep Winter Games Edition, which includes the original base game and the Steep Road to the Olympics expansion, can be purchased for $79.99. Steep Winter Games Gold Edition, featuring the original base game, the Steep Road to the Olympics expansion and the season pass, which gives players access to three previously-released add-on content packs featuring additional sports, challenges and outfits, will be available for $99.99.
With development led by Ubisoft Annecy, Steep – the open world action sports game to feature ski, snowboard, paraglide, wingsuit, rocket wingsuit, sled, base jump and speed riding – is designed for a culture that’s all about sharing experiences with the world. Steep features seamless multiplayer, populating the world with players as they explore the Alps and Alaska. Players and friends across the globe can take on challenges together, or compete with each other to snag the top spot on the leaderboards. Players can also participate in several competitive live programs such as the monthly Steep World Tour, where players take on specific challenges to qualify in tournaments and have a chance to win exclusive rewards.
For more information about Steep, please visit steepgame.com and follow us at facebook.com/SteepGame and twitter.com/Steep_Game.
.Long time female gamer who has been playing all genres since the Atari 2600 and Commodore 64 days. Freelance Graphic Artist, Web Designer, Beta Tester, and studied one year of Game Design. I play games on PC, PS4, PS3, Wii, Wii U, Nintendo Switch, 3DS, Xbox 360, PSVita, and Android.
Freelance Writer, Reviewer, and News Editor/Asst. Director for Anjel Syndicate since the site launched! Part time employee of a major video game retailer.