Disclaimer – These games will be of various genres and ones that I feel have potential to be a must buy game. Keep in mind that this is just my opinion and not the opinions of my fellow co-workers or of Anjel Syndicate as a whole. People may agree with me and others may not, but I feel that people should at least give them a look and decide for yourself whether to vote it “YES” or “NO”!
What is Steam Greenlight?
Steam Greenlight is a system that enlists the community’s help in picking some of the new games to be released on Steam. Developers post information, screenshots, and video for their game and seek a critical mass of community support in order to get selected for distribution. Steam Greenlight also helps developers get feedback from potential customers and start creating an active community around their game during the development process.
So here is my list for this week ending 11/08/14: (They are in no particular order)
Genre: Action, Strategy, Casual, Shooter, Puzzle, Arcade
Developer: RIS Gaming
Demo Available?: No, but buyable Beta version available
Description: The king is deceitful, the queen is wicked, and the bishop unholy. In every land it’s the same. Corrupted knights and power hungry pawns. It’s time for change. You’ve waited long enough. Be brave. Be daring. Be the last one standing.
Currently in Beta, Urja is a new strategic first person shooter built in Unity 3D for Mac and Windows, by UK based games studio Hadrian York. Urja will challenge the most competent of gamers.Based on a chess hierarchy, the aim of the game is to destroy all the entities by collecting their energy and working your way up through the ranks by taking possession of the pieces, from pawn through to king.There are currently twelve maps in the game which vary in difficulty and style, from the very exposed open worlds, to the more compact battle arenas and mazes. Each of the maps will require the player to change their approach and tactics in order to be the last remaining piece and make it on to the leaderboard.
- Entities will attempt to stay alive by feeding on the energy found around them.
- Entities have the ability to discharge energy. This is typically used to temporarily stun their prey.
- Higher ranking entities can move faster and drain energy at greater distances.
- Entities can transfer themselves into the depleted shell of higher ranking entities and as a result become more powerful.
- The entities appearance is inspired the the board games chess. The knight, Bishop, & Rook entities have unique abilities.
- The Knight has the ability to enable a shield to block incoming energy
- The Rook’s ability is to create temporary glass structures, which can be used to block. entrances/exits.
- The Bishops unique ability is the power to resurrect dead entities.
Greenlight Page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=337140101
Official Website: www.urja.me
Genre: Adventure, Strategy, RPG, Casual,Platformer, Puzzle
Developer: RosePortal Games
Demo Available?: Yes
Description: An adventure, an RPG, a platformer, an interactive story — the story of a little girl whose family has gone missing at a ship breaking yard. Based on real events, Unraveled takes you through a child’s imagination as she seeks out her parents. Relive your childhood fantasies on a journey that will make you think, laugh and tear up (just a little bit).
Unraveled is a dialogue-free game (save for one or two sentences) that is purely “show, don’t tell”. We’re telling the story of a little girl’s life by showing the way it affects her imagination. As you travel through the ship breaking yard the ghastly rotten environment transforms into various fantastical settings. Accompanied by flashbacks and exciting events, Unraveled subtly gives you all the pieces of a story.
There are also plenty of fearsome foes to fight off in thrilling battles, puzzles to solve, items to collect, and there’s even an 80s doll house that you can decorate for bonuses! The battle system features a completely unique “State Balance” system that is strategic, simple and fun at the same time!
- A completely unique battle system based around each character’s “State Balance”.
- Tomb Raider inspired platforming to make exploration fun and exciting.
- An 80s doll house that you can decorate for bonus effects!
- A beautiful story conveyed purely through “show, don’t tell”.
- Fantastical environments and enemies that will make you miss the days you fought against a dragon by throwing LEGO at it!
- Gorgeous art scattered throughout the game.
- Complimentary Steam Achievements and Trading Cards.
Greenlight Page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=334926928
Genre: Action, Adventure, RPG, Puzzle
Developer: Crashable Studios
Demo Available?: No
Description: Alum is an original point-and-click adventure game. Guide Alum on his journey through the Land of Tide. Help him discover the truth about his city, Kosmos, and the mysterious epidemic known as “the vague.” The unfolding story of Alum is sure to keep you enthralled up to its epic conclusion.
Alum has the nostalgic feel of classics like monkey island, mixed with modern gameplay elements and pacing that caters more towards this generation. The world, story, and characters lean towards a RPG-esque game while staying true to the classic point-and-click gameplay mechanics.
- Full length game (Over 20 hours of gameplay)
- Over 70 hand-drawn backgrounds – Including a map screen to travel across the “Land of Tide”
- All original soundtrack (live recorded instruments mixed with electronic elements)
- Intuitive puzzles that are logical, balanced, and rewarding (no pixel hunting)
- Full voice acting
- Gratifying frame by frame animations
- Retro classic resolution
Greenlight Page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=335411174
Official Website/Kickstarter Page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/11227813/alum-a-sierra-lucasarts-style-pointandclick-advent-0/posts
Genre: Action, Adventure, Simulation
Developer: Axolot Games
Demo Available?: No
Players: Single-player, Multi-player, Co-op
Description:.EXPLORE, BUILD and SURVIVE – Welcome to the machine-filled creative paradise of Scrap Mechanic, a multiplayer survival game with imagination and ingenuity at its core.
Scrap Mechanic is an all-new creative multiplayer survival game where you explore, scavenge and collect objects from all over a wide-open interactive world. With these gathered objects you can build shelters (cozy!), impressive moving vehicles (vroom!), and machines (aw yiss!) that will help you survive all the treacherous adventures ahead of you. Team up with friends or fight against robots and the kinds of unscrupulous reprobates who want to steal your stuff.
So here’s the deal: you’re a robot maintenance mechanic, and you’ve been sent to a fully automated agriculture planet that supplies food to the metropolitan planets with the task of looking after the worker robots. Close to touchdown your spacecraft loses control and crashes, leaving you as a lucky, lucky survivor. You’re stranded though, and at first glance you find that not everything’s quite as it should be. The agribots working the fields have gone crazy, and now there’s only one way to stay alive: using your quick thinking, your creativity and your wily knack of using the surrounding environment to your advantage.
- You own a pretty mighty sledgehammer, and with it you can smash up any man-made structure and build something better (obviously) in its place. Each individual smashable part has its own properties like weight and size.
- Explore and find unique and rare items like engines, steering wheels and bearings as well as loads of other special items that will get your creative whatevers flowing.
- A randomly generated world that looks great and stays fascinating with our smart tile-based system.
- An easy-to-use terrain editor comes with the game and allows you to build obstacles, racetracks and other stuff that can be added to your world and shared with others
Greenlight Page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=334073977
Official Website: http://www.scrapmechanic.com/
Genre: Free to Play Visual Novel
Developer: Illus Seed
Demo Available?: No
Description:.When things in her life get to be too much to handle, Hana Mizuno transfers to Asagao Academy to start fresh. Once there, she runs into the Normal Boots Club – a group of handsome, competitive gamers, and the most popular guys in school. And they need her to compete in this year’s gaming tournament!
Asagao Academy: Normal Boots Club is a free fan-made otome game (romance-oriented visual novel from a female perspective) based on the guys of Normal Boots. It is light-hearted and tongue-in-cheek, affectionately parodying visual novel, anime, and video game tropes, while also incorporating a serious story about a girl’s journey through romance and friendship.
Greenlight Page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=335773141
Official Website/Kickstarter Page:
Genre: Strategy RPG
Demo Available?: Buyable Early Access Available
Description:.Royal Bounty HD is a fantasy RPG in the feel of the great old 1990 King’s Bounty.
You control a hero to gather gold and armies, level up and upgrade your stats, and complete quests across a huge map with 4 continents.
Early Access available! (Windows, Mac OS, and Android) (Steam key will be a free gift for Humble Pre-orders):
*180 creature types of 7 factions: Knight, Barbarian, Necromancer, Sorceress, Wizard, Warlock, Varangian.
*You control your hero, gather gold, conquer enemies and new lands, and fight your opponents.
Greenlight Page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=332927191
Official Website/Kickstarter Page:None Yet
Genre: Action, Puzzle, Arcade
Developer: Redefinition Games
Demo Available?: Original Game on Kongregate
Description:.The Very Organized Thief is a casual first person stealth game which lets you play as a thief with a very peculiar way of looting.
Quickly search for items found on your checklist of things to “borrow” and escape. But beware! These items could be anywhere and residents are likely not going to be pleased with you taking their stuff!
Unlike many stealth games which revolve around action and combat, The Very Organized Thief is focused on the search for items. The thrill of searching for what you need to find and using the skills you have to overcome any obstacles you may face, and hopefully get out of there before you’re caught.
- Procedurally (Randomly) Placed Loot
- Unique levels. (house, office, mansion, and more!)
- Advanced AI
- Seasonal Events
- Game Modes and Difficulties (Casual, Everyday, Master Thief)
- Multiple Language Support
Greenlight Page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=332400460
Official Website/Kickstarter Page:https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/redefinitiongames/the-very-organized-thief?ref=card
Genre: Action, Adventure, Casual,Platformer, Puzzle
Developer: 5th Space Studios
Demo Available?: No
Description:. Play the role of Ace, the orphan from the Astro-Explorer Academy. A space Cadet with a knack for running into trouble. Ace gets a critical assignment to head to the planet Nazca. He along with his super charged, AI controlled, Robo–head gear, end up stranded on an entrancing alien world. Explore deep caverns, icy fields and molten volcanoes unlocking mysterious puzzles trying to find a cure for a mysterious viral strain on his home planet.
- Side scrolling 3d Exploration. Created by our hands!
- Flying using Jet Pack. Watch out for your fuel level.
- Scan your environment for items. You will find what you need to survive.
- Bomb & Blast blocks blocking your path or to release parts of puzzles.
- Use Laser to solve reflection puzzles, break & collect goodies.
- Mix items and interact to solve puzzles.
Greenlight Page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=330450113
Genre: Action, Adventure, Strategy, RPG, Massively Multiplayer
Developer: Blacktail Games, LLC.
Demo Available?: No
Players: Cross-Platform Multiplayer
Description:.Awaken to a vast open world, full of creativity and hidden dangers. Build your own house with resources harvested from over sixteen distinct biomes! Band together with your friends and govern a clan with its own laws – will you treat your neighbors fairly or conquer their lands in a mighty siege?
- Creative Building – Design a shop, home, or trading port!
- Dynamic Crafting – Many different recipes, improved by mystical runes!
- Customizable Characters – Choose your hairstyle, skin, and gender!
- Personalized Outfits – Designed using a tier system with roleplaying in mind (assassin’s cloak, anyone?)
- Terraforming – Change the landscape and have an effect on the world!
- Personal Claiming – Claim a part of the world for your own!
- Clan Claiming – Bond your claims together and form a goverment!
- Action Combat – Inspired by classic SNES games, improved by modern techniques and effects!
Greenlight Page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=331371486
Official Website: http://playdwell.com
Genre: Adventure, Casual, Platformer,Puzzle, Arcade
Developer: Noxus Ltd.
Demo Available?: Mobile Version Available
Description:. Miika is a beautiful 3D puzzle game based on camera perspectives combined with the use of optical illusions. Miika challenges players with mind twisting puzzles mixed with a surrealistic four seasonal feel.
Engage in the journey through the world of Miika encountering puzzles which feature illusions of perspective traveling, landing and existence.
Let your imagination run free as you try to solve the perspective mysteries that appear in front of you. Think outside the box and enjoy the fun and charm of Miika. Enjoy the weird and colorful world of Miika where everything is possible, so don’t be afraid to take on Miika’s puzzle adventure!
- Visually beautiful three-dimensional puzzle game
- New challenging and addictive dynamic gameplay!
- Cleverly designed optical illusion levels
- Adorable character to take on an adventure
- Four unique and adventurous seasons to travel through and complete
- Supports gamepad controllers
Greenlight Page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=329730205
Official Website: www.miikagame.com
Genre: Action, Adventure, Platformer,Puzzle
Developer: Arpeggio Games
Demo Available?: No
Description:. Song of the Firefly is a 3D exploration platformer. Explore the streets of post-apocalypse England as Sam, making use of gadgets left by Sarah and her firefly lantern to find your way around the world. With the lantern, you can make use of both light and dark to explore the world and use your gadgets in different ways. But be warned, total darkness will press in around you, and you may find yourself assaulted by shadows, which shun the light.
The game mixes traditional platforming with a free-roam, open world experience, creating an exciting and immersive world for you to explore, solve puzzles, and uncover the mystery behind the ruined world.
In Song of the Firefly, the planet is covered in a dark mist, causing the world to be almost entirely in shadow. Throughout the game, the protagonist, Sam, has only his lantern as a source of light. To power it he must gather fireflies scattered about the world. They only appear at night, though, and dark shadow creatures roam the city, preying on the unprotected. The light from Sam’s lantern can repel them, but only as long as the fireflies last. As a last resort, Sam can also use a small hunting knife to ward off the shadows, but this is not advised unless absolutely necessary.
Throughout the game, Doctor Williams acts as Sam’s guidance. In exchange for Sam helping Dr Williams gather parts and fireflies to power his machinery, he helps Sam find out what has happened to Sarah. Sam will be given tasks to complete by Dr Williams, as well as scraps of information he has found about Sarah’s whereabouts. One thing he always needs from Sam, though, is more fireflies. Balancing the use of fireflies in Sam’s lantern to keep him safe from the shadows and preserving them to help Dr Williams will play an important part in the game.
Alongside fireflies, you will also find fire flowers scattered around the world. These large, glowing, purple flowers are vital to your exploration. Not only does their glow ward off the shadow creatures, but they also attract fireflies, allowing you to gather a bunch at once. This makes them an ideal rest spot. Finding these flowers will be key to allowing you to explore every detail of the city.
As well as this, Sam will find some of Sarah’s gadgets scattered about the world as more of it is explored. These will enhance your abilities, allowing you to combat the shadows in different ways, and traverse terrain that was impassable before. As you collect more and more gadgets, you’ll be able to explore the world more thoroughly, opening new paths and discovering hidden secrets.
You may discover mysterious letters around the city as you explore, from before the destruction of the world. Alone, you won’t receive much information from these, but collecting all of them might help you piece together the truth about the past. Finding all of these letters will be a difficult task, and require you to search in the deepest and darkest areas of the city.
Greenlight Page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=329184556
Genre: Adventure, Puzzle
Developer: Forever Entertainment S.A.
Demo Available?: No
Description:. From the creators of Violett, a new upcoming puzzle adventure game.
Set in a fantasy world, Tales of the Dragonland takes you on an old school adventure throughout the medieval kingdom full of thieves, ogres and dragons
Dark times came to the ancient capital city on the Dragon’s Coast. A kind-hearted king, loved by the common people, was overthrown in a bloody coup lead by the court jester. The new ruler, who after years of humiliation finally obtained unlimited power, is a merciless and greedy despot. Hunger and gallows, things that the city has not seen in decades, now are prevalent.
A lowborn orphan, a homeless bum, that has nowhere to go and nothing to do. His name is Alvin and since the first day he remembered, his life used to consist of stealing and pickpocketing, just to survive the day. Until one day came, a day when a failed attempt at pickpocketing turned his life around. He simply chose the right pocket to steal from, a pocket of the local Thieves Guild master, a mistake that could have costed him his hand, head even, But luckily a senile leader of the Thieves Guild, amused by this failed attempt, offered Alvin his knowledge in return for his loyalty. In time the man, being childless, started treating Alvin as his own grandson, bringing him up, teaching him the secrets of the trade and preparing him for the inauguration.
On the day of his official inauguration into the Thieves Guild, by pure chance Alvin discovers a token from his past. An artifact that will send him on a journey to reveal who he really is, who his parents were and what is his real purpose on this world. A grand adventure awaits, be a part of it!
– Beautiful 2,5D point-and-click adventure game
– Amazing medieval sceneries
– Full of puzzles and riddles that will tease your brain
– Immersing story full of twists and surprises
Greenlight Page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=326184714
Official Website: http://games.forever-entertainment.com/
Genre: Action, Adventure, Puzzle, Horror
Developer: Dark Day Interactive
Demo Available?: No
Description:.Our daughter Carrie-Ann was a very special girl. The problem was she had issues learning in a normal school, we took her to St. Mary’s boarding school for gifted children. Carrie-Ann came home after the school holidays and told her she met Ava. We were thrilled. Carrie-Ann told us Ava told her some disturbing things. Things her parents did and things other people did to her. We told her she must stay away from her.
One day Carrie-Ann called us saying that some of her fellow students had disappeared. We spoke to the teacher they said that they have ran away. We spoke to some of the missing children’s parents. They warned us to get our daughter out now. Luckily due to the investigation of the lost children the school is now closed.
Carrie-Ann is now home with my ex-wife. I got a call from my ex telling me that Carrie-Ann running away from home and that she is starting to get really fed up with the stories and Carrie-Ann’s behavior. She told me that I should go and find her. We often argue with each other saying the other should help more. So I went to look for her and I would find her returning to the school waiting at the gates. She said she wants to be with her friend. We told her there is no one there.
We brought her home, she ran away again this time she left a note telling us not to come and get her she wants to stay with Ava. We researched the school and try to find out why the children are disappearing and the history of the building we discovered that before it was a school it was once a hospital that once did violent and horrific operations on its patients. We also found that the staff would simply ignore what was happening to its patients. They actually believed what was happening is the right thing to do. It wasn’t just adults but little children too. Luckily the government shut it down.
After 40 years had passed it later became St. Mary’s boarding school for gifted children. Why we were not told this? I told my ex-wife that if she finds out more information, information I could use to ring my cell phone. As I arrive at the school she is not waiting by the gates has usual. I saw her shoe on the path leading the school doorway. I need to go inside and bring my daughter back.
The game mechanics will consist of:
Lurk, stumble and crawl your way through the game in First Person with future support for Oculus Rift.
Discover clues and items and piece them together to find more information surrounding the history of the school and the hospital. Also Discover the story of Carrie-Ann and Ava and experience the horror.
TRUE SURVIVAL MODE – there will be no means of protection from the horrors within. No weapons to help you against the tide of unspeakable evil. Some health vials. Run.
Peak and sneak, as your adventure deeper into Saint Mary’s you will come across holes, cracks, gaps, the question is if you dare to discover whats on the other side, its never nice to spy on others.
Combo doors, some doors may require a code, these codes can be found spread around the place, or placed in a note as a riddle.
You will be using a torch and other items to guide yourself around the school. Everything will be in a First Person view of the father so it will help with immersion. There will be different floors and rooms within the school for you to explore and find items to aid your understanding and progression through the game.
There will be many problems you will face to stop you from bringing the daughter back. There will be many puzzles you will need to solve before you can proceed to help give a better understanding of what is going on.
Greenlight Page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=325566176
Official Website/Kickstarter Page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/477725583/one-final-breath
Genre: Action, Adventure, Strategy
Players: Single-player, Multi-player
Description:. Lost Sea is a 3D strategy action game that takes place inside a procedurally generated archipelago. It’s up to the player to form a ragtag crew of survivors and explore the surrounding islands as they hunt for the necessary resources to upgrade their ship and escape the Bermuda Triangle.
The game is set inside a cartoon B-movie universe, where an otherwise normal individual is transformed into an intrepid hero after a routine flight over the Atlantic Ocean ends in disaster. The world of Lost Sea is a dangerous and unforgiving place as every island is filled with strange landmarks, a wide variety of deadly and exotic creatures and powerful relics that can be used to the players advantage. Often wits, as well as combat skills, are needed to survive.
- A procedurally generated archipelago with millions of unique island combinations.
- Sophisticated critter AI that reacts to each other, independent of the players actions.
- A varied cast of stranded to recruit, each with their own stats and abilities.
- Ship Upgrade options that offer the player discrete choices on how they want to play.
- Rare totem parts to find and combine into powerful support towers.
Greenlight Page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=320526395
Official Website: http://www.lostseagame.com/
15. (REMOVED PER DEVELOPER’S REQUEST!)
Demo Available?: No
Description:. Nubarron is a A 2D puzzle-plaformer set in a gorgeous digital-painted fairy tale world. Traverse this forest looking for your missing lucky hat, while not being able to stay still, since Cloud is throwing thunders constantly at you. But don’t be fooled, those same thunders may become pretty useful during your journey.
- 2D puzzle platformer with a novel and broad mechanic: Cloud is constantly throwing lightning at Gnome. This is both a curse and a blessing, since these lightnings will kill you but also help you solve puzzles with their side effects.
- Gorgeous digital painted art: Our talented artist Juan Novelletto has been crafting amazing concepts for Nubarron’s world. All the graphics of the game will be done using digital painting techniques, providing it a nice artistic look, something that is hard to find in this type of games.
- Vast universe full of stories, creatures and awesome landscapes: We want this game to be the first instance in a series of stories about this broad universe. We’re creating a bestiary book with short story fragments and sketches gathered by adventurous scouts that traveled across these lands.
- A fairytale story with a dramatic dark twist: The story of Nubarron is not like any other fairytale. Things don’t work as one might expect in this twisted world, and the forest is aware of this. Perceive the world morphing in the most mischievous ways at every single step.
- Hardcore puzzles: The game is based on difficult puzzles that will put you in the dilemma of using Cloud’s thunder bolts to modify the environment. Usually not in happy ways.
- Controller Support: The game will support as many controllers as we can get our hands on. For now we have Xbox 360, PS3, PS4 and Ouya. Get in touch with us if you want to have a specific controller supported and can help us testing.
When we think of a fairytale forest, a warm and friendly feeling arises. It certainly smells like flowers in bloom and rainbows give color to every morning. Well that’s not the case in the peaceful forest of the deep blue sky. Something has brought trouble to the ever happy neighborhood. Something is terribly wrong with one of his inhabitants.
Gnome, one of the merry and lucky inhabitants of the forest, lost his hat. This unfortunate event ended up being a little bit more important than it may seem at plain sight. Gnome’s hat was the source of his luckiness and with it gone an unpredictable thing happened. The stormy Cloud formed on top of Gnome taking the place of his hat. This was no game. Cloud seemed to enjoy throwing lightnings to every single thing that was below her. An Gnome was no exception.
Gnome wanted his luck back. And so, a Shakespearean drama began…
Cloud is Gnome’s dangerous companion in this long journey across the Deep Blue Forest. She has several skills, among those known by mortals one can find:
- Kill Gnome: You’ll have to be in constant movement to avoid Cloud’s lightnings. If not, poor Gnome.
- Take care of enemies: If you manage to avoid lightnings, the next step is to use them at your favor. Those bolts will take care of any unfriendly creature that you may cross.
- Bring light to dark places: You know abominable creatures live in the dark. Luckily, Cloud’s Lightning bolts produce enough light to keep shadowy places visible. For short time spans though.
- Turn machines on: Those same lightnings that kill you can be used to power up machines that need electricity. You’ll find several of these across your journey.
- Set stuff on fire: Sometimes you’ll need to get a little aggressive with the environment to find your way. Cloud’s bolts will set several things on fire when hit.
Greenlight Page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=317595939
Official Website/Kickstarter Page: http://unluckygnome.com/
Genre: Strategy, Massively Multiplayer
Developer: Hex Keep
Demo Available?: No
Players: Single-player, Multi-player
Description:.Gates of Horizon is a space conquest online game. During their space journey players will gain power over the universe leading fleets around the systems, improving and managing crew and assets, taking control of entire sectors with their corporation and fighting the dreaded alien menace that still threatens the human race.
Lead special agents of a space corporation: each agent has a dedicated leveling system, and a skill tree that allows for a deep customization of your crew. No fixed classes, and skills can be re-allocated as often as you wish. Hire more agents while leveling corporation: up to 20 crew members to play with, allowing for simultaneous and coordinated activities, both on stations and in space.
Build ships and sail through the space: Corporations will build fleets of vessels that Agents can pilot in space. Every ship is unique: fill the ship hull with components and create custom outfits.
Lead fleets in cinematic space fights: engage in 3D, RTS-like combat action against your corporation’s enemies. Send ships in an enemy sector, and they will fight at their best even when the player is offline, using custom AI settings.
Play everywhere: wherever the player is, he will be able to play Gates of Horizon on every platform available. The game works the same way on every system, and the same persistent universe will be always there when switching from your desktop PC to your tablet. Players can now play on Windows, Mac OS, Linux and Android, and soon a iOS version will be available.
No subscriptions, no hidden costs: buy the game once, play forever, on all available platforms. Period.
No “pay to win”: should we ever decide to have microtransactions in the game, it will be for vanity items only, with absolutely no advantage in game: maybe a fancy paint for a ship, or a unique agent portrait, but no more than that.
We listen: we made this game so that players can have fun. When it’ll be the time to add something new, we’ll ask our players first.
So there you have it! Take a gander at the trailers, check out a website or two! See you all back here next week for more of my picks! Don’t forget to GO VOTE for these games and share your opinion of these titles.
Developers who would like to see more exposure to their game title are welcome to add me to their press list and/or send me a copy of the game for preview/review.
Tiffany "CeissaDesiste" Toms
Long time female gamer who has been playing all genres since the Atari 2600 and Commodore 64 days. Freelance Graphic Artist, Web Designer, Beta Tester, and studied one year of Game Design. I play games on PC, PS4, PS3, Wii, Wii U, Nintendo Switch, 3DS, Xbox 360, PSVita, and Android. Freelance Writer, Reviewer, and News Editor/Asst. Director for Anjel Syndicate since the site launched! Part time employee of a major video game retailer.