Retro Games Ltd. and Solutions 2 GO announced today that the THEC64 Mini is coming to North American retail stores on October 9, 2018. THEC64 Mini, a 50% replica of the of the world’s bestselling home computer that launched in 1982, comes pre-loaded with 64 classic games and THEC64 Joystick. Originally designed with fans of the original machine in mind, THEC64 Mini is also attractive to kids and families thanks to its simple plug and play action. Aspiring gamers of yesteryear can revisit the past and program their own games – just add a keyboard, and THEC64 Mini becomes a fully functional home computer complete with C64 BASIC.
THEC64 Mini is available now for pre-order now at retailers across North America.
“We are delighted to be able to bring back some of the most loved retro games ever, on one of the most successful formats of all time”, said Paul Andrews, Retro Games’ Managing Director. “The North American release of THE C64 mini is a re-imagining of the classic C64 computer and one of a series of products we have on the way.”
THEC64 Mini includes the following:
- Pre-loaded with all the Retro Faves: THEC64 Mini comes with 64 classic titles already installed, including: California Games, Winter Games, Impossible Mission II, Boulder Dash, Jumpman, Pitstop II, Speedball II: Brutal Deluxe, Street Sports Baseball, Summer Games II, Temple of Apshai Trilogy, Uridium and more.
- USB Ports: The unit comes equipped with two USB ports – perfect for adding an extra joystick for multiplayer games or plugging in a keyboard to create your own programming masterpieces.
- Customized Visuals: The unit features high definition output at 720p and 60Hz via HDMI, 4:3 ratio, US/Europe display mode options, and a CRT filter for that classic look.
- Back to the Basics: Plug in a USB keyboard and use as a fully functional home computer with C64 BASIC.
- Don’t Forget to Save: For the first time, THEC64 Mini allows you to easily save your progress in games.
- Always Optimized: THEC64 Mini supports software updates via USB flash drive so players have continued access to improved and enhanced programming.
No need for a time machine to hop back to 1982 – with THEC64 Mini, relive the past with the latest home computer that hit the scene over thirty years ago. Out went the silent black and white experience and in came 64KB of RAM, color graphics, and synthesizer sound. Roll forward 36 years and kick nostalgia into overdrive with the release of THEC64 MINI. A tiny but perfectly formed officially licensed 50% scale replica of this much loved machine. Featuring high-definition output via HDMI, a classic style joystick and 64 built-in games including Boulder Dash, Summer Games II, Impossible Mission II, and many more.
Tiffany "CeissaDesiste" Toms
Long time female gamer who has been playing all genres since the Atari 2600 and Commodore 64 days. Freelance Graphic Artist, Web Designer, Beta Tester, and studied one year of Game Design. I play games on PC, PS4, PS3, Wii, Wii U, Nintendo Switch, 3DS, Xbox 360, PSVita, and Android. Freelance Writer, Reviewer, and News Editor/Asst. Director for Anjel Syndicate since the site launched! Part time employee of a major video game retailer.