Independent developer and publisher, Eastasiasoft Limited, alongside development partner, SideQuest Studios, today announced that Rainbow Skies, the fantasy Tactical RPG is coming to the PlayStation Store for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita on June 26th in North America and June 27th in Europe in Asia. In Rainbow Skies players will enter a colorful and whimsical world, filled to the brim with friends, foes, dungeons, tactical turn-based battles, towns, shops, and everything else your role-playing heart desires.
“After five years in development, we are pleased to announce that Rainbow Skies, the successor to Rainbow Moon, will launch on the PlayStation Store this June,” said Marcus Pukropski, CEO of SideQuest Studios. “Featuring a humorous new story with interwoven narratives, monster taming, a revamped battle system allowing greater tactical depth, treasure hunts, new mini-games and an improved sidequest system, Rainbow Skies offers even the most seasoned of RPG players countless hours of fun.”
The story of Rainbow Skies begins on the morning of Damion’s final examination as a monster tamer, an important profession in his home town, which is constantly threatened by monster attacks. However, after a terrible hangover, Damion completely messes things up and not only fails the examination, but also destroys the entire monster compound. When he tries to cover up his mishap with his examiner Layne, things turn from bad to worse and through a number of unforeseen circumstances, they find themselves between the fronts of two rival superpowers…
- Follow the story of three young heroes and discover the true value of their friendship in this unforgettable adventure, inspired by fan-favorite classic Tactical RPGs.
- Explore a colorful and vibrant world, filled with friends and foes.
- Beautiful visuals, optimized to run at 60fps on PS4, PS3 and PS Vita.
- Revamped turn-based battles with practically limitless tactical depth. Plan your assault with hundreds of skills, items and options, plus all new combo attacks.
- Breed and level up a large variety of monsters, then bring them into battle with you!
- Upgrade your characters, weapons, equipment, and battle skills.
- Enjoy a huge variety of side quests and optional content.
- Dig up hidden treasures and find other valuable collectibles.
- Play a variety of mini games, including a turn-based fishing game.
- Cross-Save support on PS4, PS3 and PS Vita.
Rainbow Skies launches on June 26th for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita for $29.99, €26.99, £22.49*. Physical editions of Rainbow Skies, are available exclusively through retail partner Play-Asia.com and will begin shipping on launch. *£ price is indicative and subject to change
Visit the Rainbow Skies website: http://www.rainbow-skies.com
Follow Rainbow Skies on Twitter: @RainbowSkiesRPG
Like Rainbow Skies on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RainbowSkiesGame/
For more on eastasiasoft check out: http://www.eastasiasoft.com
Follow eastasiasoft on Twitter: @eastasiasoft
For more on SideQuest Studios check out: http://www.sidequest-studios.com
Tiffany "CeissaDesiste" Toms
Long time female gamer who has been playing all genres since the Atari 2600 and Commodore 64 days. Freelance Graphic Artist, Web Designer, Beta Tester, and studied one year of Game Design. I play games on PC, PS4, PS3, Wii, Wii U, Nintendo Switch, 3DS, Xbox 360, PSVita, and Android. Freelance Writer, Reviewer, and News Editor/Asst. Director for Anjel Syndicate since the site launched! Part time employee of a major video game retailer.