Kalypso Media and Somasim are excited to reveal that after laying down its foundations on PC and mobile platforms, Project Highrise: Architect’s Edition will release in Autumn 2018 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch, finally bringing the fast-paced and challenging skyscraper game to consoles. Project Highrise: Architect’s Edition will also be Kalypso Media’s first title to be released on Nintendo Switch, expanding the company’s hardware publishing portfolio.
As well as bringing all the content from the original Project Highrise base game, the Architect’s Edition also packs in the Las Vegas DLC as well as the content packs Miami Malls, Tokyo Towers, London Life and the brand new Brilliant Berlin in one definitive console edition. Your job as architect and developer is to build world-famous skyscrapers that will be the envy of the entire city, masterpieces of art and engineering. But a skyscraper is more than just steel and glass – it’s an intricate ecosystem, full of people that live and work in the building. They become a complex machine that needs your steady hand to keep it running smoothly and efficiently.
From the moment you break ground, every decision rests with you. As the architect you must coordinate the construction of everything – every wall and wire, every office and apartment. As the building owner you must keep your tenants happy – and paying rent on time. As a savvy developer you must keep an eye on the bottom line and invest in the future. Succeed and you will reap the rewards of a prestigious address where everyone will clamor to live and work. Fail and you will watch tenants leave in disgust, taking their business elsewhere and leaving your reputation in tatters.
Will you create an exclusive office highrise that attracts business leaders from around the world? Will you construct luxury apartments in the sky, penthouses for the elite and playgrounds for the famous? Perhaps greed will get the better of you and you’ll build a tenement building that trades tenant happiness for loads of cash? All these choices and more are yours. Success is entirely in your hands.
To celebrate the announcement, Kalypso has prepared a new gameplay trailer showing off Project Highrise: Architect’s Edition in all its glory:
Features of Project Highrise: Architect’s Edition
- The console version contains the Project Highrise base game along with the Las Vegas DLC and content packs Miami Malls, Tokyo Towers, London Life and Brilliant Berlin.
- Experience a deep and complex simulation of a modern skyscraper.
- Create gleaming commercial towers for titans of trade looking for the perfect downtown office
- Build residential blocks of apartments that cater to those seeking a home in the sky
- Keep business travellers and tourists happy in soaring hotel towers
- Host exclusive events in massive convention centers and famous concert halls
- Entice visitors into your opulent shopping mall with irresistible restaurants and chic shops
- Explore open sandbox play and build your dream skyscraper with several difficulty levels and starting conditions
- Conquer the campaign over 29 challenging scenarios.
- Test your management mettle by keeping up with your buildings diverse population and their ever-increasing demands.
- Hire specialized consultants to increase your building’s curb appeal, operational efficiency, and pull with city hall.
Project Highrise: Architect’s Edition will launch on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch in Autumn 2018. Developers Somasim will be showing the first console build of Project Highrise: Architect’s Edition on the Kalypso Media booth at E3.
Tiffany "CeissaDesiste" Toms
Long time female gamer who has been playing all genres since the Atari 2600 and Commodore 64 days. Freelance Graphic Artist, Web Designer, Beta Tester, and studied one year of Game Design. I play games on PC, PS4, PS3, Wii, Wii U, Nintendo Switch, 3DS, Xbox 360, PSVita, and Android. Freelance Writer, Reviewer, and News Editor/Asst. Director for Anjel Syndicate since the site launched! Part time employee of a major video game retailer.