nWay, an independent San Francisco-based gaming startup, has announced that ChronoBlade will be entering open beta today. In ChronoBlade, an action RPG set for multi-platform release, players are tasked with taking on the Chronarch Imperium and their quest to destroy the multiverse. With studio talent including former Lead Designer of both Diablo and Diablo II, Stieg Hedlund, in the role of Senior Game Designer, behind the game, ChronoBlade will offer a free-to-play console-quality experience on Facebook, and will be coming soon to OUYA, iOS, Android and Smart TVs with cross-platform co-op gameplay. Players can play the single-player version of the open beta now at www.chronoblade.com.
- Visceral combat – The game features side-scrolling hack-and-slash mechanics and tasks players with defeating waves of inter-dimensional enemies with a variety of combos and special abilities.
- Deep RPG elements – Full character customization through leveling, skill trees, and epic amounts of loot make for personalized heroes.
- Inter-dimensional conflict – Players assume the role of a dimension-hopping hero, bent on preventing the evil Chronarch Imperium from destroying all the worlds of the multiverse.
- Truly cross-platform, real-time multiplayer – Proprietary technology from nWay with single-player story mode on Facebook available on June 26, gamers will be able to play ChronoBlade with friends cooperatively or competitively in real time across all available platforms, including OUYA, iOS, Android, and Smart TVs in the near future.
nWay is led by a team of core game industry veterans including studio head and Chief Creative Officer Dave Jones, creator of Grand Theft Auto, and nWay President Tony Harmon, former co-founder and President of Realtime Worlds.
In addition to the open beta launching today, a demo version of ChronoBlade is currently available on OUYA. ChronoBlade will be offering a synchronous cross-platform multiplayer experience spanning across multiple platforms in the near future, including web browsers, OUYA, iOS, Android and Smart TVs.
Gamers ready to try out ChronoBlade on the web can play the open beta at www.chronoblade.com.
For more ways to stay updated on ChronoBlade and to get in touch with the team:
- Visit us on our website at: www.chronoblade.com
- Follow ChronoBlade on Twitter at: @nWayGames
- Like ChronoBlade on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/ChronoBlade
Tiffany "CeissaDesiste" Toms
Long time female gamer who has been playing all genres since the Atari 2600 and Commodore 64 days. Freelance Graphic Artist, Web Designer, Beta Tester, and studied one year of Game Design. I play games on PC, PS4, PS3, Wii, 3DS, Xbox 360, PSVita, and Android. Freelance Writer, Reviewer, and News Editor/Asst. Director for Anjel Syndicate since the site launched! Part time employee of a major video game retailer.