No Truce With The Furies is an isometric role-playing game for PC with a genre-bent setting where literary fiction meets sci-fi/fantasy. Inspired by titles like Planescape: Torment and Kentucky Route Zero, No Truce With The Furies tells a detective story where every piece of dialogue — big, small, or even unspoken — has a considerable lasting effect on the world. Developer ZA/UM has spent the better part of the last fifteen years creating the world behind No Truce With The Furies, crafting a narrative-driven experience made uniquely possible through the interactive role-playing genre.
Explore the gorgeous seaside city of Revachol as a disgraced detective lieutenant and solve one last murder case that’s rooted deeply within the city’s core. Shape the type of law officer you want to be through No Truce With The Furies’ twenty-four unique and finely crafted skills that represent real human psyche and physique. Expect absurd new heights of story combat as action is handled through quick-witted dialogue which can steer your moral compass in any direction. Wander inside a representation of your mind in the metaphysical Thought Cabinet to examine your own doubts, conflicts and memories, guiding your in-game dialogue choices. The role-playing game is an emergent art form — and ZA/UM is set to light it on fire.
- Fantastic Realism: Is it fantasy? Is it sci-fi? Is it alt history? Some kind of punk? No, it’s a genre-busting new world fifteen years in the making. It’s called fantastic realism.
- Beautifully Bleak Paint-shading: The benchmark for isometric graphics have been pushed to new heights thanks to contemporary oil painters who hand painted the environments to bring the city of Revachol to life.
- The Thought Cabinet: Thoughts of all kinds are stored in an interactive inventory. Come to conclusions, develop obsessions and use these thoughts to guide dialogue choices.
- The Skill System: The world’s simplest role-playing system called Metric. You can sing, dance, pay rent and actually fail at skill checks with profound results. Built by D&D evangelists, the rule system represents real life attributes.
- Audio and Ambiance: Mikee Goodman from the band SikTh provides killer voice-over talent and the acclaimed rock’n’roll band British Sea Power has recorded original music for the game.
- Website: http://zaumstudio.com
- Teaser trailer: https://youtu.be/NE2MMpKiJCk
- Store Pages: Humble, Steam
Humble Bundle will showcase its “Presented by Humble Bundle” games, including No Truce With The Furies, at Gamescom in Cologne, Germany from August 23 – August 26, 2017, located in the consumer area in the Indie Arena Booth (Hall 10.1 A020).
Part time employee of a major video game retailer.