It is now confirmed that femme fatale and fan favourite, Ada Wong will be a playable character with her own individual campaign in Resident Evil 6. Accessible from the main game menu once players have completed all three of the campaigns for Leon, Chris and Jake; Ada’s campaign features unique missions and will provide her perspective on the bioterrorist outbreaks that threaten to wipe out the world’s population.
Always a solo operative, Ada will not have a co?op partner but her campaign will still feature key story and action cross over moments, when she is joined by the game’s other playable characters.
Agent Hunt Mode
In this all new online mode for the Resident Evil series, experience the action from the other side. As a “hunter”, join the enemy side to become one of the game’s zombies, J’avo or other C?virus mutations and infiltrate another active game session to eliminate the human characters. As a hunter, players will have access to the unique movements and attacks of each of the enemies including those of the various J’avo transformations.
So how does Agent Hunt Mode work?
- Complete the main campaigns for either Leon, Chris or Jake to then unlock the Agent Hunt stages for each of those respective campaigns
- When creating an RE6 gameplay session a player has the option to allow/not allow Agent Hunt
- When a hunter searches for a session to join they will see whether or not other players from around the world want to allow hunters into their game
- The hunter then picks another player’s session to join and jumps into that session
- Please note only certain stages will be available for Agent Hunt sessions
- The agent side can be either a single human player with an AI partner, or two human players in co?op mode. Up to two separate hunters can join an Agent Hunt session. When a hunter dies they respawn in the same session as a different random enemy from that area
- If the hunter eliminates the agent then they will be taken to a ‘hunt successful’ results screen where they can join another session if they wish
- If the agent is eliminated then their game session will end exactly as if they had been playing a standard game session with CPU enemies
- If the hunter quits the session then the agent’s game continues as normal with all AI enemies
Also released was some background information on the various organizations that inhabit the world of Resident Evil 6.
The organisations of Resident Evil 6
Want to know who’s who in RE6, then read on…
Division of Security Operations
The DSO was formed in 2011 under the edict of President Adam Benford to protect the country from the new threat of bioterrorism. Its agents are a new breed of flexible, responsive government operatives all of whom work under the direct control of the President.
Leon S. Kennedy was one of the founding members of the DSO and is one of its best?known operatives. When Sherry Birkin joined the DSO she was tasked with the protective detail of Jake Muller.
Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance
In the wake of the destruction of Umbrella in 2003, B.O.W.s started appearing on black markets around the globe and a number of rogue nations, guerillas and terrorist groups got their hands on them, bringing the B.O.W. threat into the lives of countless innocents.
In response, the Federation of Pharmaceutical Companies formed the Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance (BSAA) in 2004.
The BSAA started as a non?governmental organization, but after the Queen Zenobia incident of 2005, as depicted in Resident Evil Revelations, was restructured as a special task force under the direct control of the United Nations.
Eight branches of the BSAA were established around the world in order to be ready to deal quickly with bioterrorist attacks wherever they occurred. Chris Redfield and Piers Nivans are part of the North American branch, with Chris having been a member of BSAA since its inception. With reports of a new type of B.O.W. appearing in the eastern European country Edonia, Chris and his alpha team are summoned into action.
Following the overwhelming scale of the bioterrorist attack in Lanshiang, units from around the world including Chris’s are deployed to China to support the Far East Branch in charge of this region.
Edonian anti?government mercenaries
One of a clutch of eastern European democracies formed in the late 1980s, Edonia’s twenty?year history has been marred with internal strife. Taking advantage of the situation, a group of officers staged a coup d’etat. Government buildings were occupied, but ironically this only served to whip the disorganised government into shape and strengthen their resolve. The then prime minister, who was already losing the support of the people, dissolved parliament, and in its place came a political party calling for strengthened ties with EU countries.
Things were slowly getting back to normal, although while the elements that staged the coup d’etat were forced into retreat and forced to the brink of elimination, some extremist anti?government rebels continue to stubbornly resist.
Into this volatile civil war comes a new, deadly factor: a viral weapon. Someone has been distributing the C?virus to the rebels, resulting in the appearance of the new B.O.W. strain called the J’avo and the subsequent intervention of BSAA.
Field Operation Support
The FOS was formed in 2011 by Adam Benford, with the aim of supporting government agents, not just from the DSO, but all government agencies of the United States. The FOS issues authorised instructions to agents so they may effectively achieve their missions.
Resident Evil 6 is slated to drop on XBOX 360 and Playstation 3 on October 2nd, 2012 with a PC release to follow at some point after that. Here’s some more screens of Ada Wong and Agent Hunt Mode for you to enjoy.
Would you like to know more?
- Website: http://www.residentevil.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/residentevil
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/re_games
David "AnjelusX" Slauenwhite
Anjel Syndicate Editor-in-Chief, Gamer, Lover of Books, Conjurer of Words, Worlds, and Stories, Coffee Worshiper, and Nova Scotian. "I've been gaming since I stood on milk crates to reach the controls. New games, retro games, you name it, I probably love it."