SQUARE ENIX, Inc. launched FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward in North America, the highly anticipated first expansion pack for the popular MMORPG FINAL FANTASY XIV, which has already captured the hearts of more than four million adventurers worldwide. Players can adventure together with seamless cross-platform play on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 computer entertainment systems, Windows PC, and for the first time, Mac.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward features a new story that plunges adventurers into the heart of the Dragonsong War, the bloody thousand-year conflict between the knights of Ishgard and the dragons of Dravania. Adventurers can enjoy an increased level cap from 50 to 60 for all disciplines, a new playable race, new dungeons and raids, new primal battles, and new mounts that allow players to take to the skies—flying black chocobos, single-rider airships, dragons and more.
“FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward marks the beginning of the second season of our journey through the vast FINAL FANTASY XIV universe,” said Naoki Yoshida, producer and director of FINAL FANTASY XIV. “Having laid a strong foundation in A Realm Reborn, we are extremely excited that Heavensward will build upon this with new and diverse gameplay and content that continue to be the hallmarks of the online FINAL FANTASY experience.”
- All the hallmarks of the FINAL FANTASY franchise, including genre-leading graphics and real-time cut scenes, an all-new soundtrack, and an immersive story experience
- Level cap increased from level 50 to level 60
- New player race, the Au Ra – with unique curved horns and scaled skin, the Au Ra hail from the eastern continent of Othard
- New jobs: Dark Knight, Astrologian and Machinist – players will be able to master three FINAL FANTASY jobs such as dark knight (Tank) who wields a two-handed greatsword and the power of darkness, astrologian (Healer) who use a divining deck and star globe to call on the powers of the stars to heal allies and support party members, or machinist (DPS) who deals damage from afar by using a combination of firearms and mechanical turrets that can be deployed on the battlefield
- High-end raids, includes a new raid dungeon series within the mechanical colossus “Alexander,” based off the legendary boss in the FINAL FANTASY series
- New beast tribes and powerful primals – players will encounter the Vanu Vanu and their primal, Bismark, and the Gnath, and their primal Ravana, allowing players to form new allegiances
- Flying mounts – Accompanying the vast new areas that feature floating islands are flying mounts for players to pilot such as the flying black chocobo and single-rider airships
- New gear, recipes and more
FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward is available now for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 systems, Windows PC and Mac for $39.99. The physical Collector’s Edition is available for $129.99 and the digital Collector’s Edition for $59.99. FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, the new all-in-one bundle that includes both A Realm Reborn and Heavensward, is available for $59.99. A free 30-day trial is included for new FINAL FANTASY XIV accounts, with monthly subscriptions starting at $12.99.
Product Site: Detailed production information on the Heavensward expansion is available at the official website: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/heavensward/.
Online Store: All versions are available for purchase from the Square Enix Online Store: https://store.na.square-enix.com/final-fantasy-xiv.
.Long time female gamer who has been playing all genres since the Atari 2600 and Commodore 64 days. Freelance Graphic Artist, Web Designer, Beta Tester, and studied one year of Game Design. I play games on PC, PS4, PS3, Wii, Wii U, Nintendo Switch, 3DS, Xbox 360, PSVita, and Android.
Freelance Writer, Reviewer, and News Editor/Asst. Director for Anjel Syndicate since the site launched! Part time employee of a major video game retailer.