Take a father’s journey to hell in order to save the souls of his wife and child. Insanity’s Blade: The Chronicles of Thurstan is the first in a series of games based around the journey of a sword possessed by a fathers powerful grief and hatred. This first game is the tale of the swords creation.
- A blend of action, platforming and RPG elements with a classic Arcade style
- Two-player Co-Op Game play! Play the full story mode as well as other exciting arcade game modes with a friend!
- Multiple game play modes. Along with story mode there will be bonus arcade modes such as Corpse Surfing Competition and Arena Battle to name a few!
- Battle through the 16 stages filled with unique enemies and environments
- Adapted from the Insanity’s Blade graphic novel written by Chris and as featured on the now-defunct WTFmag.ca
- Scale buildings and caves with Thurstan’s wall jumping abilities
- A fully original soundtrack that’s also playable on real NES hardware (VRC6 based)
- Cut scenes between stages to tell the story of Insanity’s Blade
- Get upgrades at the store between stages
- Weapons system improvements and upgrades as you progress lead to unique combat mechanics
- Fight alongside an AI driven sidekick who joins your quest in single player mode!
For more information, slide on over to Casual Bit Games’ site.
"I've been gaming since I stood on milk crates to reach the controls. New games, retro games, you name it, I probably love it."