Amplitude Studios is excited to announce that they have entered the last stages of development for ‘Disharmony’, the first official expansion to their 4x space strategy hit Endless Space. The expansion pack follows the release of 4 free add-ons that have extended gameplay since the game’s original inception in 2012.
Upon the Disharmony launch, Amplitude plans to unlock the ‘Sheredyn Faction’ and the ‘Endless Hero’ from the Emperor Edition for all players, as well as the addition of “Automaton ship models” as a gift to the community for being so awesome. All of this will be available at the release of the expansion (acquired or not).
The Disharmony expansion pack will launch on Steam as DLC for only $ 9,99 / € 9,99 on June 26th 2013, with publisher Iceberg Interactive releasing the English retail version (key-only box with 16 page artbook) in retail stores 2 days later.
For more information about Endless Space: Disharmony, please visit the official website: http://endless-space.amplitude-studios.com
Background story for “Endless Space: Disharmony” expansion pack:
The Harmony had been moving since the birth of the universe, passing through the galaxies, seeking The Core. Their migration was deliberate, calm, inevitable.
Dust was their downfall. In the galaxy of the Endless they were ensnared; this strange technological creation that affected particles, fields and waves broke the single movement of the Harmony into a cacophony of individual elements. In this galaxy, the Harmony have fallen from grace and turned into gravity-enchained individuals.
The Harmony saw Dust, then, as a menace or a plague, and set out to rid the universe of its effects. But for the Harmony, creatures of mineral, there is no difference between an “inhabited” or “uninhabited” planet — they are only “infected” or “clean.”
To the rest of the galaxy the arrival of the Harmony was a minor apocalypse. They attacked in small ships, targeting Dust-infected infrastructures and populations. Other peoples responded in kind, creating Fighter and Bomber craft to counter the Harmony’s unusual tactics, bringing the war to their enemy. Planetary bombardment and invasion will take frightening new turns; new heroes will rise up to counter the threats. The Era of Disharmony is coming !
• A brand new Faction called “the Harmony” with a single objective in mind, annihilate Dust!
• New fighters and bombers units that will completely change the shape of combats, especially with the new Battle Formation and Targeting systems
• A complete rework of the Ship Design Interface giving an improved Weapon System that includes family types for modules (short, medium and long range)
• New Invasion mechanics have been added: prepare your population for bombardments, sieges and land invasions!
• Expect to face a real challenge when playing against AI opponents with the New Adaptive Multi-Agent Artificial Intelligence System (AMAS)
• Other additions and features voted or requested by the community include:
- Four new Heroes [Games2Gether]
- A new option to Disable Exchange of Technologies, as a request from the Multiplayer community!
About Endless Space
Endless Space, a critically acclaimed 4X turn-based strategy game covering the space colonization age, is the first game from Amplitude Studios. The player can explore an infinity of galaxies, expand their civilization through subtle trade and diplomacy or warfare and conquest, exploit different planet types, luxuries and strategic resources and challenge up to seven opponents in online confrontations. The game has been designed — and is still being enhanced — with the participation of the community via the GAMES2GETHER process. Read more here http://endless-space.amplitude-studios.com.
Tiffany "CeissaDesiste" Toms
Long time female gamer who has been playing all genres since the Atari 2600 and Commodore 64 days. Freelance Graphic Artist, Web Designer, Beta Tester, and studied one year of Game Design. I play games on PC, PS4, PS3, Wii, 3DS, Xbox 360, PSVita, and Android. Freelance Writer, Reviewer, and News Editor/Asst. Director for Anjel Syndicate since the site launched! Part time employee of a major video game retailer.