nWay, an independent San Francisco-based gaming startup, today announced that the studio’s first title, ChronoBlade, will launch the single-player Facebook Open Beta on June 26. ChronoBlade is a free-to-play, side-scrolling action RPG featuring visceral combo-filled gameplay, heroic leveling, tactical skill trees, and epic amounts of loot. Gamers interested in playing the Open Beta can sign up at www.chronoblade.com.
“Our goal with ChronoBlade is to develop a category-defining action RPG for new game platforms,” said Taehoon Kim, CEO of nWay. “Starting on the web browser, with more access points coming soon on mobile, tablets, and TVs, we’ll be delivering the first true action RPG experience yet with real-time multiplayer bringing players together no matter which platform they are playing on.”
Features of ChronoBlade include:
- Visceral combat – The game features side-scrolling hack-and-slash mechanics and tasks players with defeating waves of inter-dimensional enemies with a variety of combos and special abilities.
- Deep RPG elements - Full character customization through leveling, skill trees, and epic amounts of loot make for personalized heroes.
- Inter-dimensional conflict - Players assume the role of a dimension-hopping hero, bent on preventing the evil Chronarch Imperium from destroying all the worlds of the multiverse.
- Truly cross-platform, real-time multiplayer – Proprietary technology from nWay with single-player story mode on Facebook available on June 26, gamers will be able to play ChronoBlade with friends cooperatively or competitively in real time across all available platforms, including OUYA, iOS, Android, and Smart TVs in the near future.
nWay is headed by an all-star team of hardcore video game industry veterans who share a vision to create console-quality online multiplayer games for the core gaming audience on a wide variety of platforms. The studio is lead by Chief Creative Officer Dave Jones, creator of landmark games Lemmings and Grand Theft Auto, and President Tony Harmon, former co-founder and President of Realtime Worlds. Stieg Hedlund, former lead designer of Diablo and Diablo II is also contributing to the title as Senior Game Designer.
A demo version of ChronoBlade is currently available on OUYA. Further planned platform launches include web browsers, iOS, Android and Smart TVs. For more information about the OUYA version of ChronoBlade, check out the OUYA developer diary video at http://youtu.be/35rb0Ia8sxw.
Gamers ready to try out ChronoBlade on the web can sign up for the Facebook open beta at www.chronoblade.com.
For more ways to stay updated on ChronoBlade and to get in touch with the team:
- Visit us on our website at: www.chronoblade.com
- Follow ChronoBlade on Twitter at: @nWayGames
- Like ChronoBlade on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/ChronoBlade
- Watch ChronoBlade videos on YouTube at: www.youtube.com/nWayGames
Tiffany "CeissaDesiste" Toms
Long time female gamer who has been playing all genres since the Atari 2600 and Commodore 64 days. Freelance Graphic Artist, Web Designer, Beta Tester, and studied one year of Game Design. I play games on PC, PS4, PS3, Wii, 3DS, Xbox 360, PSVita, and Android. Freelance Writer, Reviewer, and News Editor/Asst. Director for Anjel Syndicate since the site launched! Part time employee of a major video game retailer.