Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus launches today from Tecmo Koei and Team NINJA on Playstation Vita for your dragon ninja-y enjoyment. Here’s the deets from the press release along with a some screenshots, art, and a launch trailer to try and thrill and delight you….
Developed by Team NINJA, NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 2 PLUS brings the most intense, action-packed ninja adventure to PS Vita with a host of new features and plenty of blood. In the game, Ryu, the iconic super ninja of the Ninja Gaiden franchise, returns to the Sigma series to prevent the resurrection of the evil Archfiend by hunting down the Demon Statue stolen by the wicked Black Spider Ninja Clan. Players will battle from Tokyo to New York as Ryu encounters vicious enemies and acquires an extensive assortment of ninja weaponry along the way.
Accompanying Ryu on his quest are fan favorites Momiji, Ayane, Rachel, and Sonia. Ryu will need their support—and their specialized weapons—to overcome an elite alliance of enemies and bosses including Elizébet, Ruler of Blood, the evil priest Dagra Dai, the Four Greater Fiend Lords, the fearsome Black Dragon, and Ryu’s longtime nemesis Genshin.
“NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 2 PLUS takes everything gamers love about the Ninja Gaiden franchise and packs it into a spectacular new handheld adventure for the PlayStation Vita,” said Amos Ip, SVP and General Manager of TECMO KOEI America. “New modes like the frantic Ninja Race and the single player co-op Tag Missions keep the game fresh, the roster of player characters and enemies is unmatched, and the action lights up the screen with phenomenal visuals that rival anything you’d see on console.”
- Nonstop Carnage: The “Hero” Play Style makes its comeback! Once again, new and casual players can trigger powerful and exhilarating attacks and advance through the game. If selected, this play style activates automatically when the player is low on health.
- Life-or-Death Race: Players compete with enemies at a breakneck super-high speed to be the first to reach the end goal in the all-new “Ninja Race” mode. Pick up items and cut down those who stand in your way to further enhance your speed and attack power.
- More Deadly Female Action: Ayane, Rachel, and Momiji take center stage in newly designed costumes. The unique new “Tag Mission” mode allows players to switch between their two favorite ninjas in real-time while defending the AI-controlled partner. Players can choose the character best suited to each situation for a more exciting and personalized action game experience.
- Versatile Touch Action: Through the use of the PS Vita rear and front touch screens, along with precise six-axis motion controls, players can now immerse themselves even deeper into the ultimate ninja experience.
Would you like to know more?
- Website: http://teamninja-studio.com
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/teamninjastudio
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/TeamNINJAStudio
David "AnjelusX" Slauenwhite
Anjel Syndicate Editor-in-Chief, Gamer, Lover of Books, Conjurer of Words, Worlds, and Stories, Coffee Worshiper, and Nova Scotian.