2K Games and Firaxis Games let the world know today that their award winning Sid Meier’s Civilization® V will be free to download and play this weekend on Steam. The game is open to play from today until Sunday, May 27th, 2012, so you can hope on steam and give it a spin if you haven’t already. Also announced is that you can pick up the whole Civilization V game and current DLC packs for 75% off. As we start rounding the home stretch to the release of the first full expansion pack, Sid Meier’s Civilization V: Gods & Kings.
Here’s the break down
Sid Meier’s Civilization® V: Game of the Year – $12.49 USD
Includes the Following Civilization V content
- All 4 Cradle of Civilization Map Packs (Mediterranean, Asia, Americas, Mesopotamia)
- Civilization Pack: Babylon (Nebuchadnezzar II)
- Double Civilization and Scenario Pack: Spain and Inca
- Civilization and Scenario Pack: Polynesia
- Civilization and Scenario Pack: Denmark – The Vikings
- Explorer’s Map Pack
- Official Digital Soundtrack
Or you can get the base Sid Meier’s Civilization® V game for $7.49 USD, and individual DLC packs in case you missed one or two for anywhere from $0.74 – $2.49 USD respectively. The Sale runs until May 28th, 2012 so get in there and grab em while you can Civ fans.
Sid Meier’s Civilization V: Gods & Kings will be available for pre-order at 1:00 p.m. PDT on Monday, May 28, 2012. Gods & Kings is set to release for PC on June 19th, 2012 in North America and June 22nd, 2012 Internationally.
Gods & Kings key features:
- Expanded Epic Game: The core game experience has been greatly expanded with the addition of new technologies, 27 new units, 13 new buildings and nine new Wonders.
- New Civilizations and Leaders: The expansion features nine new civilizations including Carthage, the Netherlands, the Celts and the Mayans, each with unique traits, units and buildings. Gods & Kings also adds nine new leaders including William I, Prince of Orange, Boudicca and Pacal the Great.
- New Game Scenarios: Three new scenarios let gamers experience the medieval period, the fall of Rome, and embark on a new adventure in Empires of the Smoky Skies, a Victorian science-fiction scenario.
- The Return of Religion: A first for Civilization V, players seek out Faith, choosing a Pantheon of the Gods and creating Great Prophets to found and spread their customized religion across the world.
- World Domination: The fight for world domination is more dynamic than ever. Gods & Kings features a reworked combat system and AI that places more emphasis on a balanced army composition. Additionally, the navy is now split into two different ship types, melee and ranged, making coastal cities vulnerable to a surprise naval attack.
- Enhanced Diplomacy and Espionage: Establish embassies at foreign courts for closer ties or clandestine operations. As the religions of the world start settling in and the world moves into the Renaissance, spies can be unlocked to establish surveillance of foreign cities, steal advanced technologies from your strongest competitors, or garner influence with City-States through election rigging, or even a coup.
- City-States: Two new city-state types have been added, Mercantile and Religious, adding new gameplay to a greatly expanded quest system to further the narrative of the game and making diplomatic victories more challenging.
Would you like to know more?
- Website: http://www.civilization5.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/civ
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/2kgames
David "AnjelusX" Slauenwhite
Anjel Syndicate Editor-in-Chief, Gamer, Lover of Books, Conjurer of Words, Worlds, and Stories, Coffee Worshiper, and Nova Scotian.