Fuse Powered Inc. (Fuse), in partnership with Beach Cooler Games and Universal Partnerships & Licensing, today announced the release of Universal Movie Tycoon for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Free to download on the iTunes App Store, this builder offers a unique cinematic twist on the casual sim genre. Players take the reins of Hollywood’s most famous backlot in the world’s largest working movie studio, building Universal Pictures from the ground up, and making versions of beloved blockbusters like E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial, The Mummy, Jurassic Park and Bridget Jones’s Diary.
Universal marks its 100th anniversary in 2012, and the game release is timed with a yearlong celebration honoring the studio’s rich film history and cultural legacy.
“Universal Movie Tycoon steps the city-building genre up a notch by incorporating classic movies players already have a connection with,” explains Jon Walsh, CEO of Fuse Powered. “This game lets players have an imaginary hand in the production of their favorite films, bringing gamers and fans closer to the big screen.”
“Who wouldn’t want to take the reins of the world’s most famous movie studio and build their own exciting studio lot,” says Jon Walsh, CEO of Fuse Powered. “We’re thrilled to bring players the opportunity to re-create the real blockbuster movies and a legacy of classic films they know and love and experience the magic of Hollywood.”
Universal Movie Tycoon invites players to build amazing sets, attract famous actors and directors, manage top-of-the-line studios, and buy new scripts to produce the most profitable movies in Hollywood.
– Make over 35 blockbuster films from the Universal Pictures library
– Marquee sets for such famous movies as Jurassic Park, E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial, Back to the Future, Jaws, Despicable Me, The Fast and the Furious and many more!
– Dazzling high-resolution set pieces and props
– Over 15 studio buildings to add life to your studio. Build recording studios, executive offices, trailers, equipment warehouses and more
– Decorate with trees, flowers, shrubs, statues, roads, topiaries and more. Decorations and buildings contribute to your studio rating to help your movies make top dollar
– Universal app – works on iPhone 3Gs+, iPad 1+ and the iPod Touch 4th gen+
– Compatible with iOS v3.1+
Build a studio, be a tycoon, make real movies! Universal Movie Tycoon is available on the App Store now for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/universal-movie-tycoon/id472296788?mt=8
Fuse Powered, publisher of App Store sensations like Jaws Revenge and Judge Dredd vs. Zombies, will continue the Universal film fun next month with the release of Scarface, a new iOS game that puts players in the shoes of iconic gangster Tony Montana.
Tiffany "CeissaDesiste" Toms
Long time female gamer who has been playing all genres since the Atari 2600 and Commodore 64 days. Freelance Graphic Artist, Web Designer, Beta Tester, and studied one year of Game Design. I play games on PC, PS4, PS3, Wii, 3DS, Xbox 360, PSVita, and Android. Freelance Writer, Reviewer, and News Editor/Asst. Director for Anjel Syndicate since the site launched! Part time employee of a major video game retailer.